Mark Chagall Museum in Vitebsk
The museum consists of two buildings: the House-Museum of Marc Chagall and the Art Centre of Marc Chagall. The House-museum of Marc Chagall was opened in 1997. It is located in Pokrovskaya Street in the house, built by the artist's father in the early 1900s where Marc Chagall spent his early days. The collection consists of household articles used at the turn of the 19th - 20th centuries as well as copies of archival documents and works by Chagall, relating to the artist and his family's life in Vitebsk.
The Art Center of Marc Chagall was founded in 1992; it permanently exhibits graphic works by Marc Chagall (lithographs, xylographs, etchings, aquatints). The Art Center's collection consists of the series of illustrations to Nikolay Gogol's poem "Dead Souls" (1923-1925), the series of colour lithographs from the Bible Series, made in 1956 and 1960, the cycle of colour lithographs "The 12 Tribes of Israel" (1960) and other works by Marc Chagall.